Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 4

As a single girl I thought I'd find some hope in dating online.  Well I did once.  I dated a  nice guy that just wasn't the right one.  I'm thankful for him, because I got to be in my first "healthy" relationship and break up.  I have no ill will towards this guy.  So after that ended I decided, well I was successful once, why can't I be successful again.  For the past several months I've been online hoping to find my prince charming.  All I found were frogs... lots and lots of frogs. 

The frogs that I found seemed to lack interest in me or I in them.  I came to realize how much this was hurting my self confidence and self worth.  I know it all goes back to feeling poorly about myself.  However I really think my misplacing hope in men has been seriously detrimental.  Being rejected by strangers over and over again was getting me down.  It seemed innocent enough but for me online dating became a huge stumbling block.  The negative thoughts about myself crept in and began to take over my thinking.  It was like grade school all over again hoping not to get picked last.  Not only was I not getting picked last, I wasn't getting picked at all. 

I found myself mulling over feelings of what's wrong with me, am I not pretty enough, am I really that fat to be unattractive, or am I just too boring to bother with.  The feelings were so overwhelming.  So I went and deleted my online dating accounts.  It's been such a wonderful move for me.  It  has changed my focus.  I hoping that I can continue to find my value through God's eyes and not the eyes of a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment