Ah yes, sweet contentment. Almost two weeks ago I was on women's retreat with my fabulous sisters in Christ. This was an absolutely blessed time. I had spent the week prior working to prepare my heart for the work that the Lord might do in me. I had been having a rough couple of days prior to going. W had asked me not to go on the retreat. He wanted me to stay with him. I refused and thus set the ball in motion to the break up. I feel though that this emotional time made me more receptive to God's voice. I felt myself resting in the arms of my Savior. By the end of the weekend I truly felt my contentment coming from the Lord. How sweet it really and truly is to find my contentment there.
We received beautiful, green, ceramic coffee cups with the weekends theme verse. I post a pic of the cup but it won't show up. However, here's a lovely rendition of the verse found in Philippians 4:12-13.
Most of the time we focus on v.13. Take time to read the first half and not take for granted the blessings of God.
I've been thinking lately about how easy it is to complain. It's been studied that complaining is a common bonding agent among people. Complaining unites us and makes us odd bedfellows. I don't want this to become my way of connecting with others. I want to be all about building up, not tearing down. Focus on the positive; eliminate the negative. If I'm aware of this fault, then others must be as well, and I don't want to be the Debbie Downer. All this is to say that I'm going to endeavor to reduce and/or eliminate complaining.
If there's one thing I learned during the retreat it is to be content. Bloom where you are planted.
And bloom I shall.
soli.deo.gloria.


We're so in the same place on this! We should really hang out more often!!
ReplyDelete