Thursday, April 5, 2012

Heart Condition

I feel as though my heart may explode.  Before you get all concerned let me explain my heart condition.  I've been trying to write this post for over a week now.  With each passing day I feel as if my heart is expanding more and more.  I've written this post over and over in my head and now trying to get it all out in words is somewhat daunting.  Forgive me now if I ramble though this.

Let's take the way back machine to a few weeks ago.  It has taken me a while to get back into my habit of going to church.  For some reason I broke the habit, I'm not really sure why.  So my story begins with getting back to church.  I knew that we had started a new sermon series on Transformation.  After hearing that people where going to be giving testimonies I knew that I wanted to get there to hear they transformations in their lives.  Little did I know the transformation that was in store for me. 

I've been a Christian since I was 7 years old and I've had quite the rollercoaster ride but nothing has made me feel the way I've felt over the past couple of weeks.  I feel as though like I mentioned at the outset of this that my heart may explode.  One of my biggest struggles has been reading my Bible and praying regularly, but I've recently have made a part of my daily life. It feels so good to start my day in God's Word.


This is a week later I'm writing this...

My heart continues to have the fervor that I've previously spoke of. I'm trying to figure out what exactly has spurred this renewal but I'm so grateful for it. I feel like its just the right time for this to be happening.
The thing that I'm finding most striking is how my emotions are playing in this renewal. More and more I'm overwhelmed by emotions. Emotions of gratitude. Understanding how unworthy I am of the love and salvation of my Creator. The past three Sundays I have stood with hands raised in adoration and tears streaming down my cheeks. I'll admit that I can get teary eyed at a movie but to shake in the presences of my Savior I quite different. There have been moments when I can't sing because I'm too choked up. The words won't leave my mouth but they are being sang loud and strong in my heart. It's been beautiful to feel the Holy Spirit move me. At first I was so confused by my feelings, a little scared even. This outpouring is new or it's new in tho form.
I feel so wonderfully blessed by the transformation of my heart. God is doing a work in me. I'm not sure why but I know it has a purpose.

A lyric has been in my head lately it's from the Relient K song "Be My Escape", "The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair.". How true. Because Jesus didn't have to die but He choose to. He gave us grace through His resurrection. Remind yourself of the beauty of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment