Yesterday I wrote about how God asked me to trust Him with my finances. I also wrote about how I felt led to sponsor a child through Compassion International. Here's what I didn't include and how God brought me to tears today.
I walked over to the Compassion table in church on Sunday knowing that I did not have the money on me to sponsor a child. I was also pretty sure that I didn't have the money in my account to cover the $38 it took for this month. I figured that I'd be paid before the 7 days was up. Here's where I slipped up... I don't get paid until next Monday... after the seven day deadline. For the past 24 hours I've been trying to find ways to scrap my change together and empty my piggy bank.
On my way home from the gym today my prayers were answered. God proved Himself faithful once again. I called home to the news that my tax refund had come in from last year. God didn't just come through little He came through BIG! I hung up and just cried. I praised God for being so good to me and not just me but for this little boy, Josue, that I can now sponsor without worry.
" LORD, you are my God;
I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness
you have done wonderful things,
things planned long ago." -Isaiah 25:1
No comments:
Post a Comment