Friday, February 24, 2012

transformation determination

Every Friday for me during the last 6 weeks has caused a bit of anxiousness.  The whole day in the back of my mind is the clocking ticking toward 3:30pm.  Weigh-in is an exciting yet nervewracking.  This week I have pushed myself harder than I have in previous weeks.  Prior to weigh-in I had 6,000 plus calories burned.  I felt that I had lost weight, but I wasn't sure how much.  I was hoping for about 3-4 pounds lost.  I took a deep breath and stepped on the scale and much to my glee I was 6 pounds lighter than I was last week.  To date I have lost 34.5 pounds.  It's a number that I'm astounded by.  I never thought I would lose like that in such a short amount of time.  These past weeks I've proven things to myself.  I've found an inner strength that I didn't know I had.  Determination has grown.  Determination continues to grow.  There is a fire in my belly that burns bright and hot.  I hope that the changes in my life I've made can inspire someone else make this same change to help themself. 

I'm a little sad that I only have one week left of this chapter.  It's been such an exciting time.  My team has been my backbone and have pushed me further than I thought.  I hope we all keep moving forward and achieve our goals.  I keep thinking of my healthy self and I can't wait to see her.  Debbie has been such a guiding light through all this.   My friends and family's support has meant the world to me.  These factors put together have allowed me the success that I've had thus far.  The next chapter will be interesting to see where I go. 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Heather!!!! You have accomplished so many amazing things!!!! I can't believe that you rode a bike to Disney and back!!!! How long did that take - that's totally crazy!!!!! I'm so glad that your back to blogging....sad that we're less than five minutes away from each other and never see one another, it's nice to be able to keep up with your progress!! Keep up the great work, this chapter may be ending, but I'm sure that you're taking many valuable tools with you into the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete