Monday, April 16, 2012

Finding Joy

I was going to make this a blurb on Facebook but I has to much to say for just a status update.

First and foremost, happy Monday. I don't typically find most Mondays happy but today was a pretty good one. Work was actually successful so that's a great way to start. Though my happiness isn't really stemming from my work day, it's after work thats been so great.
My happiness started with a strawberry raspberry peach smoothie from crescent moon. I sipped on its yummy goodness on my way home. It's was windows rolled down sunroof open singing along kind of ride home.
Once home I took to the porch to partake in a favorite activity of mine, napping in the sun. There is nothing like a nap in the warm sunshine. After waking up an hour later I made some tasty trader joes risotto. It was so good that I ate all of it and I stayed on program. Woohoo.
Following my meal I suited up for Zumba and yoga. I spent my first hour at the gym dancing my booty off to the likes of Lady Gaga and Sean Paul. Yoga was a new type of beast. I'm used to nice stretching yoga. Tonight was far more intense and changing. I enjoyed it though and look forward to contorting my body again sometime soon.
Driving home from the gym is when I felt joy. As I drove the country roads of this county I found joy on each and every turn. I has the windows down and sunroof open. The warm air felt cool on my face as I drove. I found myself thanking God for a beautiful day. It was such a gift. Then I looked up while at a stop sign and saw the sparkling stars. The stars shone bright against the dark sky. I thanked God for helping me find joy in His creation. The closer I got to home, I smelled something so sweet in the air. The flowers of spring which would normal make me I'll smelled so lovely. And right before I reached the driveway I caught a whiff of bonfire, such a comforting aroma.
I felt as if my drive home was a gift from God Himself, at each turn something new to remind me of not only His greatness but also His love for me, His child. It never ceases to amaze me how God reaches each one of us in a unique way.

I hope you were able to find joy in the small blessing.

1 comment:

  1. so glad to read another post from you - especially one filled with so much joy and happiness!! Our Creator has filled the earth with such wonderful gifts <3 Awesome that you enjoyed so many of them tonight <3

    ReplyDelete