I had mentioned before I started this journey of 8 weeks that I was going to blog my progress. Well little did I know I'd be so busy with workouts. Yesterday was a day of much needed rest and today I have some time while my car is getting new tires. So now I'll share what this grueling and exhilarating experience has been like this far.
First let me tell you that I'm allotted 1400 calories a day. As a food addict that seems like a minuscule number. I'm not sure what my intake was prior but it was far more bloated than 1400. My brother told me that it's similar to having 28 old weight watcher points. I don't think I ever had that number of points. Much of this week has been spent rewriting my brain to figure out calories. It's been quite an education. I've drank more water than I ever have. I owe thanks in part to a new water bottle that I love. Yep I love my new water bottle. It shows me how much I've drank and how many times I've refilled with a little click wheel around the neck. I think my competitive part likes to see how many times I can refill it. Yesterday was 4 1/2. That's about 90 ounces.
Exercise has been the surprisingly easy part. I'm required to burn 2000 calories a week doing different cardio and classes. I've found a lot of joy in my workouts. I love seeing that calorie number grow with each step I take. My tram gets extra points if I burn 2250. Well I exceed that number to somewhere above 3400. Ive got to pat myself in the back for that one. As the competition continues our largest burn is 3000.
In addition to our calorie burn we are required as a team to ride the recumbent bike to Florida. I think Disney World to be exact. It's funny because bike usage has become a game all unto itself. I enjoy riding the bike. This week I rode 30 miles. The bike burns the least calories so it feel a little counter productive but it's low impact.
I am part of a phenomenal purple team. Those ten women are so uplifting and encouraging. It's great to be part of wonderful group of women to aim towards a goal. They lift me when I feel like stopping and push me to go further
This week I am going to start 5k training. It has been one of my long term goals to run a 5k before my 30th birthday. My eye is on July.
Today starts week two and I can't wait to get started.
So proud of you Heather <3 keep up the good work!!!?
ReplyDelete