Sunday, January 5, 2014

Choosing Joy

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 

My mind has been a constant dialogue lately.  I think that's a signal that it's time to write, or maybe it's just the new year that has come.  I love a new year.  I love the fresh beginnings that it brings.  It always feels like the chance to have a clean slate, and quite honestly after the year I've had I feel like I could use a clean slate.

This slate is going to read, "JOY,"  in big, beautiful capital letters.  This year I am choosing JOY.  Joy isn't dependent upon our circumstances.  Happiness is based on feelings, things, and the fallible of this world.  Joy, however, comes from the Lord.  I am going to choose as Nehemiah 8:10 says,  "the joy of the LORD is your strength."

 
 
This year I am choosing me.  I am going to focus on what is best for my spiritual, mental, and physical health.  It's going to be challenging, and it's going to push me outside of my comfort zone. 
 
I've gone far too long allowing someone else's opinion determine my worth.  I am more than what I allowed myself to feel.   I know that I am more than what the world's standards to dictate.  I am a child of God.  He has made me beautiful, on the inside and outside, even when both can sometimes feel ugly.  

I pray that this year things will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment